92% of parliamentarians satisfied with the Audit Office’s reports and services
- 94 per cent agreed we operate independently from government.
- 96 per cent agreed our reports and services provide valuable information on public sector performance.
- 96 per cent agreed our reports and services help improve public sector administration.
- 94 per cent agreed we perform audits with integrity.
- 79 per cent of audits reported to parliament on time.
- 19 performance audits followed up by parliament’s Public Accounts Committee.
Overall satisfaction %
% satisfied or very satisfied
Survey not conducted in 2015
Find out more about parliament.
Government entities, universities and councils
98% of financial audit recommendations accepted
- 77 per cent of performance audit recommendations accepted.
- Overall CFO performance index for financial audits remains at 78.
- Overall performance index for performance audits 71, compared to 70 last year.
- 17 performance audits completed.
- 426 financial audits completed.
- 16 new modifications were issued and 4 audit modifications were cleared.
- 86 per cent of financial audit opinions issued within ten weeks.
Overall performance index
Aggregate performance indices
Find out more about government entities, universities and councils.
81% staff satisfaction, compared to 79% last year
- 83 per cent staff engagement, compared to 82 per cent last year.
- 19 per cent staff turnover.
- 90 per cent of staff describe the Audit Office as ‘a great place to work’.
- 78 per cent of staff report reasonable to very high morale.
- 54 per cent of middle management are women.
- 46 per cent of executive and senior leadership are women.
- 3 reported safety incidents and 0 new workers’ compensation claims.
- 4.5-star greenhouse building rating maintained.
Staff satisfaction %
Find out more about our people.
28 presentations made, one more than last year
- 5 submissions made on proposed changes to accounting and auditing standards.
Find out more about our professional influence.
Our governance framework reflects the 8 core principles of the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations
- The Audit Office received one formal GIPA access application.
- We received and examined 15 public interest disclosures.
$0.1 million cumulative deficit (excluding superannuation adjustments) over a five year period, close to our break-even target
- Break-even result for 2016–17 (excluding superannuation adjustments)
- 99 per cent of our creditors were paid on time.
Operating result 2016–17/$m
Find out more about our financial performance.
Our costs compare favourably with other Australian audit offices
- We benchmark ourselves against the national average for audit offices.
Total audit costs (excluding payroll tax) per $’000 of public sector transactions $
Total audit costs (excluding payroll tax) per $’000 of public sector assets $